Monday, October 5, 2009

Busy Busy School Days

I've been seriously neglecting the blog lately! Seems like it's all I can do to keep up with everything!

Football season leaves us with little time between Games and practices and working concession stand! We also travel to a neighboring town to play on their team. Basketball season will be a little better as it is closer.

I'm the 6th grade room mother this year! A first for me and October is a busy month as it is when the School has one of it's biggest Fundraisers of the year! But it's also a really fun time and so great to see all of the town come out and support the School and the kids. One of the wonderful things I like about our Rural small town!

I was asked to do a quilt for the 6th grade class and with only 3 weeks until the big event I decided to search etsy and see what I could find. I went from looking at quilt blocks to looking at quilts and Found an absolutely amazing quilt! When I saw it I knew it would be Perfect!! Here it is: You should really check out this shop! Great Pieces with Great Prices!
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=19902353

Now to this I am going to add a Large block in the center! A professional photographer is doing a collage of the pictures that were take! I am so excited to see what she comes up with! Her work is amazing and when she gives me permission I'll share her identity with all of you! As well as a picture of the finished product.

I also did a spinning demonstration October 2nd at the Heritage Farm Days in Parsons Kansas! That was more fun than I ever could have imagined! And I have another Craft Booth coming up in November which is for a fund raiser! Am again excited about that!

Seems like we are at the Dr or Dentist every week and I'm not exaggerating :) Mark for shots and weight checks. He's still my little guy! I guess it takes time after the surgery before he will start really picking up weight. I was in tears at the last appointment as he only weighed 16.6 lbs. Have an appointment today so we'll see where he is. Shots for all the boys again! I will not be popular in my house this evening I can tell you that!

Well I better get running just thought I'd do a quick update on where I've been! The shop has been very busy too and there sure are no complaints about that! It has really helped us through some rough spots. Hope everyone is doing great!

Big Hugs Dee

I knit this little hat this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment