Thursday, March 19, 2009


Hello and Welcome.

Two Fiber Friends is just that! A combination of two fiber friends coming together to share their love of Color and Fiber, and the wonderful journey that unfolds.

I'm Dee of Heartstrings By Dee http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5068697. I am a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) to 3 wonderful boys, and wife to an Amazing husband of 20 years. And it all just keeps getting better.

We have a very small farm in Southeast Kansas, with a little creek running through it. We are looking forward to some really great things this summer. Chickens, and both meat and dairy goats, and at some point hopefully a couple of sheep. Yesterday we added two little Jack Russell Terriers who we named Butch and Bill to our Farm Family, they are preceded by Jack who is a wonderful Chocolate Lab, and Dolly the ever mischievous German Shorthair Bird Dog (tears up everything in sight including diving right into my cooling dye pots) that happened one time and now DH(Dear Husband :o) makes sure that she is in her kennel!

Ok! On to my Fiber ADDICTION! When I was 9, my grandmother taught me to crochet. And I was always creating some little something, and eventually my focus went to thread crochet and making elegant doilies. Then when I was watching an episode of Dirty Jobs a couple of years ago I fell in Love with the Alpaca, and also the art of Handspinning as I watched the process. After some research I discovered that there was no way I could afford to raise Alpaca's so my focus went to spinning and dreams of what I could crochet with my own handspun yarn. I first purchased a drop spindle and some fiber which led to where I am today. I have one spinning wheel which is handmade by a family in Missouri! I adore it! I also have a few drop spindles and an amazing Kick Spindle, and my treasured Ashford Drum Carder which allows me to be as creative as I want to be! I love blending fibers and colors! I've learned from the amazing Etsy Artists that the sky is the limit. My current focus has been on creating Goober Buns. Nothing Fancy, just pure fun with fiber and my drum carder.


I adore Domestic Wool, and the whole process. I can't wait to open the box when a new fleece arrives and to smell the wonderful fragrance of a fleece in the grease :o) I know I'm a bit odd! I love experiencing a new breed and finding out how it handles and the new and exciting textures they can add to my fiber creations. I'm not quite sure my family appreciates it as much as I, but they are very tolerant. My husband never complains, and the only comment you might hear from them is "Mommy is cooking yarn again!" It always makes me smile because I know that although it is pure bliss to me, unless you are a true Fiber freak it's not a pleasant aroma!

Andrea and I hope you will enjoy your visits here at Two Fiber Friends! And I'm sure she'll be popping in soon. We look forward to getting our Blog up and going and sharing our adventures with you.

**1 Corinthians 10:31

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Hugs Dee

1 comment:

  1. Andrea, I love your new site!
    Beautiful yarn and adorable puppies!=)

    love, jennifer

    ReplyDelete