Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dying To Show You




Above you will see just a few of the items I'm working on! A couple of rovings waiting for their turn at the spindle, several yarns drying and waiting to be listed in the shop!

What you don't see are the rovings that are being dyed today! I have some amazing batts that I carded this morning just waiting for me to get a chance to sit down at the Trusty Kick Spindle. By the way the Kick Spindle is my preferred method of spinning at this point in time. I think because it actually gives me a lot more control over my fiber and what I want it to do. Although the Boogie Fever that I listed recently was a blast to spin and I did spin it on my wheel. For now it's back to the bowls of dye and the yummy pre-soaking rovings just waiting for my crazy ideas. I have to say I'm having fun learning the Art of Hand Painting rovings. I love the excitement of expecting one thing only to find that it did it's own thing. Yep it's just a Fiber Fantasy Unfolding here on my little Patch of Pumpkin Creek!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!

Hugs Dee

2 comments:

  1. I love all the colours! :) Do you think that you'll start selling your dyed combed tops in your etsy shop? By the way, the latest batch of goober buns arrived and I'm desperate to clear off a bobbin and start spinning some up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie :o)

    I've thought about it, but just not sure. We'll have to see if I can get good enough. I have been having a ball with the whole hand painting process though. I would love to see what you spin :o)

    Hugs Dee

    ReplyDelete