Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Wonderful Mothers Day



I truly feel blessed to me a mom to Three wonderful Boys!! My son wrote this little letter for me! How is it that they forget our Faults! I love this letter, I love my sons and feel privelaged to have the opportunity to be their Mother! I will be getting a frame for it and putting it in my bedroom!! A good reminder when I begin to faulter.

I had decided that I didn't want to go out to Eat for Mothers Day! I wanted to be at home with my family and have a wonderful meal and Be A Mom! I invited my mom and step-dad to join us and my nephew. I made two pies, one Apple/Blueberry, and one was a Triple Berry Cherry Pie (OH SOOOO GOOD). I marinated some sirloin steak all day so that they would be good and tender (no way was I going to pay the price for the rib eye or kc strips) and my husband cooked them on the grill, and along with that we had the usual BBQ side dishes of coleslaw, baked beans, and fried potato's, with mixed veggies (again I refused to pay .50 cents for an ear of corn on the cob), and lastly good old texas toast garlic bread(half of it was eaten before it made it to the table). It was a wonderful day of cooking for my family, fun conversation with everyone around the table, and a nice relaxing evening visiting over coffee while the boys played outside.

All the boys are asleep now and I cannot imagine the day being any better than it was!

Below is a picture of The Boys and Me! This was sooo hard to get three boys looking at the camera and smiling at the same time. So this was as good as it gets.





This is my Absolutely Amazing husband. I don't know how he has put up with me for over 20 years! He is my Rock!




I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment