Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yarns Spun from Beautiful Mill end Blends

Pictured Above
Beautiful Red and Black, There is only a touch of black in this but the Wool and Mohair blend came out wonderfully. Skein Specs. 57 yards, Thick n Thin 5-7 wpi, 3.4 oz

Pictured Above
For this pretty pink yarn I kettle dyed a big sheet of white roving in a shade of Hot Fuscia Pink but then in the carding process I added some wonderfully silky bamboo. Skein specs. 29 yards, 6 wpi, bulky Thick n Thin, 1.9 oz
Pictured Above
More Beautiful Mill ends. Simply stunning Black and White with lots of Mohair. A treat to spin! Skein Specs. 80 yards, Bulky Thick n Thin, 4-6 wpi, 4 oz

Pictured Below
Beautiful sheets of red with green greated me at one point in the sorting process and I just had to stop and play with them. I combined them with some pretty red and green angelina and carded them several times to blend. Spun two sets of singles and then plied them to get this wonderful yarn. So you have wonderful wool/mohair blend with some shimmer! Yarn Specs. 4 oz., 9-10 wpi, 150 yards.
Hope you enjoyed My little Tour De Mill Ends!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment